Saturday, May 9, 2009

Where it starts, where it ends.



“圆满” (Yuan man) is a word derived from ancient literature, and is closely related to Buddhism. It basically means consummation, satisfactory or perfection. You can say someone reached “Yuan man” when he died. The word “圆” in “圆满” also means circle, so many things are cycles around one center, such as life. As you know, there are 12 Chinese zodiac signs and you were born within one of them. Your life will be in cycles of every 12 years. It is not a bad thing to die in the year of the zodiac signs of your birth (eg. at the age of 60, 72, 84 or 96) so in a way you reach to “yuan man”.

I always expect the unexpected, such as the stuff change in the company this time. It was a big surprise but part of it was in my expectation. It was partly presented in my dream about a month before the change. I am affected by it but I know I have to overcome it in order to move on.

My manager and I had a long talk in the McCafe in a night. He is a really nice guy and he believes Buddhism. When I was sitting there, I suddenly realized it was the place we had the first chat when he was trying to introduce me into the company years ago. A circle ends where it started so I guess it has to end this way so that everyone would be better off.

No comments: