Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Way

I think I am real lucky when making friends. From primary school till now, all my real friends are really good people and tend to be caring and trustworthy. I must say they are like gifts chosen and given by god.

I had a reunion today, 3 of them are from my junior high school and the other one is the wife of one of them. All of them have a stable job and own a property, they are making their life in this enormous city and they have never stayed outside this city for more than a month. In this way, I am very different from them, both my experience and my status. We chose different life, the life we think that is comfortable and suitable for ourselves.
We had dinner and desert in two different restaurants, they are way bigger than any restaurants or café in Palmy. Spending the same amount of money, you have various choices and great food. It was fun and exciting time. In Bei Jing, if you have a decent job and play the rules, you can live a pretty good life. But unfortunately, I am not that kind of people who can follow the rules, I am too self-centered and I enjoy my own way of life. I am just too different here and difference can be a beautiful thing in NZ but it becomes weird or abnormal here. So I believe I am not able to make a good life here, at least for the sack of my mental health, New Zealand suits me better.

No comments: